The Junkers Ju-88 was a multi-role aircraft which entered service with the Luftwaffe in 1939. It was used as a bomber, night fighter, heavy fighter, dive bomber, torpedo bomber and reconnaissance aircraft with over 15,000 being built during the war.
The early versions of the Ju-88 first saw action in Poland and Norway to a limited degree, but much greater numbers were available for the Battle of France and Battle of Britain. There were various modifications and improvements during the war with over 30 versions and sub-versions made.
The Ju-88 A-4 was armed with up to 6 x 7.92mm machine guns, and carried up to 3,000Kg of bombs internally. The G-1 carried 4 x 20mm cannon and 2 or 4 x 7.92mm machine guns.
This example is a Ju-88 C-4 of 1/NJG2 Luftwaffe, circa 1941.